Monday 24 November 2008

First of The Random thoughts, vaguely connected to Manchester's Arts scene...

...I knew it wouldn't take long to post something tenuous...

I recently read this article in The Guardian and realised that I would probably never love an author again in the way that I hung on every single word written by Roald Dahl...and the thing that reminded me of the article was that fact that Bolton Octagon have a production of Danny Champion of The World as their Christmas show this year.

I think there's definitely still a place for traditional 'panto' in the world but I do have a soft spot for this kind of production at Christmas...my favourite of recent years was Harvey at the Royal Exchange. There's a really good selection of Christmas shows around Manchester this year, the only problem is perhaps finding a child to go with so you don't look like a 27 year-old who should have grown out of panto by now...I must ring my brother and see what his kids are upto...

No comments: